Monday, January 7, 2008

Sucsess

Brian and I have not particularly been in a hurry to wean River from his bottles. We never considered it important and sort of figured that when River was ready he would let us know. Well, that time has been coming. He had been down to 3 bottles for a LONG time. Morning, noon, and nite. He has been off his morning bottle for a couple months now. No big deal since he did not rely on it to help him fall asleep. I have been noticing that he really has been losing interest in his bottles and not fully drinking them. They really seem to be more of a habit than comfort lately. This afternoon was the first time I tried to give him a nap with no bottle. It went well. We went to the park this morning so I knew he was good and tired. I fed him a big lunch and put him down with a sippy. He took a few big drinks and put it down. He made some small fusses, called for me a few times, more small fusses and went to sleep. A big step for my little guy. Now I have to decide if we do the same tonite or take it in "baby steps".

3 comments:

The Brights said...

I'm just jealous that River goes to sleep by himself. Mr. Grayson is obsessed with holding our hand till he falls asleep. We've tried to wean him of this, but it turns into a major crisis where we have to completely re-train him to even sleep at all in his bed. I told Heath that I was going to give him a fake hand (like the one my dad has for pranks)....he said that we would really screw him up then. :)

I hope that everything continues to go well with the bottle weaning!

The Fields Family said...

Frustrating, but cute.

Lisa said...

I hope it all works out without too many meltdowns...

We were lucky that neither one of our kids took a bottle or paci. That of course meant that they were attached to me...literaly! Katlyn for 13m and Ashton 16m!!