Thursday, January 24, 2008

Singing, Counting and Sentences

River has been growing so much since Christmas. He now attempts to sing both Twinkle Twinkle and Jingle Bells. I am not counting on him ever really learning Jingle Bells because his only exposure to the song has been Daddy's versions. He also likes to count. We start by saying one, two and then he will say three, we say four, he says five and so it goes until we get to ten. He will often say three numbers in a row before we have a turn again. Brian had started some counting games with him while he was giving baths. He also started picking it up from his morning cartoons. His sentences are really developing too. The other day I was eating a breakfast sandwich in the car and he said "I want a bite of samwich". I was amazed. I didn't realize that he had picked up the word "a" and "of" and knew how to use them. He also loves to remember things. He will start by saying "member?" and then I say some thing and then he will start saying names of people and a place where we all were. For Example: "Member?" "Amaya, Chaso" "Chuck Cheese". He is telling me about the time we met some friends at Chuck E Cheese. It was the first time he was big enough to really have a good time and it must have really stuck in his mind. It amazes me how he seems to be the same little River for a few months and then it seems overnight he is doing all these new things.

I really enjoy him more with each new development. He is busier than ever and doesn't nap as much. It is getting harder and harder for me to find time to get things done around the house. That's Ok though, because River is just so much fun. We can talk and play with each other. I am looking forward to Summer and all the new adventures we can have as a family.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was always amazed when my kids started really talking. They pick up EVERYTHING and remember it ALL!! They pick up what we say and store it for later use. I am ALWAYS singing and "teaching" with my kids. We will be at Wal-mart singing and looking for letters, colors...whatever. I don't care if people in the store think I'm a nut. My kids love it and they are learning and I am just being a mom.

The Brights said...

It just amazes me how much River talks! I heard him say a sentence the other day too....it was crazy! He's a smart one!