Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Photos




We had a wonderful Christmas. My parents were able to come the day before Christmas eve to stay with us and spend some extra time with River. My sister and her family came for Christmas day. We had our neighbors come to join us for dinner on Christmas eve.
River was overwhelmed with the whole idea of Christmas. He did enjoy himself, but I don't think he knew what to make of it all. He didn't know what do when he saw the tree in the morning. We gave him his stocking and after getting a candy cane, first thing in the morning, he started to figure out it was a special day. He opened all his presents himself (mostly). We had to open all his toys as he unwrapped them. He REALLY loved getting his new trike. It was sent from Grandpa and Grandma Fields. They had told us it was a nice trike, but we did not know what to expect. We were so surprised to see it. River wanted to get on and never get off. We had to push him on it all around the house. Eventually we had to hide it for a while so we could move on. River's Nama and Papa sent him some books and a cool Thomas Trian. River loves trains. He also has a neat spring horse from my parents. It is plush and it sings and talks.
It was so nice to have family together and to see River experience the holiday, but I am happy to be moving on to the New Year. Something about the end of the year makes me want to clean and get reorganized. Needless to say, Brian and I will be busy beaver's around the house this weekend. After the new year I want to find some time to take River to the snow and find some fun things we can do outside, even if it is raining. Also the days should start to get a little longer by the end of January. That is definitely something to look forward to!

4 comments:

The Reeds said...

Aww look at River on his new trike! He's so cute! Love the pictures.

The Brights said...

Great trike! I forgot that is what I wanted Grayson to get....oh well...birthday isn't too far away!

Lisa said...

LOVE the trike!! I want one like that! River is just a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

You all are SO cute together! For some reason you look familiar. Hmm...I don't know. We should plan a play date with our sons!