Sunday, December 2, 2007

What a Weekend

We have been busy over the weekend. Friday evening was all about River and his fever. We were in full on Mom and Dad mode and camped out in the living room all night. Poor River was so sick and was running a high fever. It took doses of both Tylenol and Ibuprofen to get it down. I had taken him to the Doctor earlier in the day and he was diagnosed with an ear infection and possible stomach bug. He still has not been eating much at all, but the fever is gone. I panic just a little when he runs fever because I am so scared he will have another seizure. Brian was great and brought home pizza and brought me all the things I needed to take care of River. Most of my time was spent just holding River.



After making it through the night we attempted to have a normal weekend. Today was the day to put up lights. It had started snowing and River seemed well enough to go out for a short time. I was excited about getting lights up and having it snow seemd even better to me, however, Brian did not find it as great. He was stuck putting up the lights in bare hands! River was not at all impressed by the snow and the effort of getting ready to go out seemed to be enuf to tire him out. He was quickly back inside for a nap. Whew!!!! After lunch, Brian decided to try to finish the floors downstairs. Everything was going along just fine when a lamp tipped over and we lost power to an entire circuit. We checked the breaker box, checked ground fault interrupters, made a late evening trip to the hardware store to replace a breaker and still nothing. As a matter of fact, it got worse. We now had breakers popping and new breakers tripping. My Dad came up and took a look at things and after checking for shorts and more of the same we are still right where we started.....having to call an electrician. I guess this stuff is part of the "character" of having an older home. Fortunately, we have power to all of our major appliances and hot water. An extension cord makes the computer usable again so we are not to bad off. It could be much worse. I hate having to call some one out, wait, wait, wait and then hope they really know what they are doing. Oh well.



I have a good handle on Christmas shopping, so I am looking forward to wrapping presents and finishing decorating and shopping. I plan to get a gift for the giving tree. Even through all of the events I think the Christmas spirit is sneaking up on me. Hope everyone had good weekends and has a great week to come.

Pictures to come.......

2 comments:

The Brights said...

So sorry about River being sick! Poor little guy...I hate those darn illnesses and the fevers they get.
Sounds like you have quite the weekend! I hope your electrical problems get resolved soon.

Lisa said...

I feel so helpless anytime our kids are sick. It is so hard when they are too little to communicate and to really understand what is going on. I hope he gets better soon!