Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Great Morning

Today I took River to the mall. I had one quick Christmas present to buy and I wanted Starbucks. River was a perfect angel!! He walked on his own (no hand holding) through JC Penny's with me. He did not touch, grab or break anything. We then went to Starbucks and he walked the whole way ON HIS OWN. He waited right by me while I ordered, paid and waited for my drink. He then walked all the way back to the play area to content himself with paying IN the play area and did not try to escape. This is NOT what usually happens when we go to the mall. Usually there is hand holding, carrying and tantrums. We also went to look at Santa and get snacks from Subway. River let me carry him and even snuggled me. I just can't believe that was my son behaving so well at the mall. I had a great time with him and felt like I was out with my little buddy. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, can it be that all the battles we have had over behaving are begining to pay off? Most likely River just decided to take it easy on his Mom today. I won't hold my breath, but maybe I will hope a bit. Either way it was a great morning and for now I am gonna take all the credit for it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Isn't it so nice when you acually SEE what all our hard work as MOTHERS does....even if it is just for a short time. It makes it all worth while...