Monday, November 9, 2009

September

The first month of Brian's deployment went surprisingly well. The month flew by after working out a few kinks. I realized that I would need some time to myself and time to get things done. I had my sister watch them one afternoon a week and a very wonderful babysitter come in one morning a week. We also figured out a routine that worked well. I thought it would help River to adjust to Brian being gone if he had an activity to keep him busy. I signed him up for Tae Kwon Do. I thought he would enjoy it as he liked to play "ruff and tuff" so much. I thought wrong. He was very very unsure and shy. I could not get him to go out and participate let alone even look at the instructors. After 2 tries I gave up. The point was to do something fun and neither one of us was having fun. So, we went to the mall play area once a week, did story time and played outside. Before dinner I spent time playing with the boys. The boys would lay on the floor and I would tickle them and stuff. Reed is turning out to be a very sweet, good natured boy. This month we started to see his personality emerge. Lots of smiles. He is content to lay under his baby gym and look up at his toys.




















No comments: