Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Few Things.......

We went to Cabelas this weekend. Normally I avoid Cabelas on the weekend. It is a zoo! However I bought a pair of shoes and I wanted to exchange them for some different ones and i could not be patient and wait for Monday. All went well except for the LONG wait in a line that only had 3 people in it. I knew Reed would start crying for a bottle any minute. I just wanted to get out of there and get to the car to feed him. That didn't happen. I had to start feeding him while waiting. After checking out I decided that I would just sit on a bench outside finish taking care of Reed and let River people watch. As soon as I sat down and got a bottle going for Reed, River says " I have to go pee." I tell him he has to wait until I am done and we will go inside. he seems OK with this. After a bit he stars climbing around behind the bench. I keep saying get out from there, it's dirty blah, blah, blah. Of course River doesn't answer because he is busy peeing. When I finally look back there to see what is going on, all I see is a stream of pee! I just looked away and concentrated on Reed pretending I was still clueless. River comes out and announces, proud as can be " I'm all done now." Before we leave I notice pee running from behind the bench out to the side walk! What's a Mom to do?

Last night I got brave enough to take both kids out for a semi sit down dinner. We went to Doby's Pizza. Just a small, mostly take out place. While we were waiting for pizza, I tell River how I notice how much Reed likes to watch him. River started playing with his straw and laughing and Reed just kept busting out with big, long laughs at River. It was cracking us up. It ended up being a fun time and I enjoyed being out with my kids.

Yesterday River and I got our H1N1 vaccines. We got the nose mist. I felt a little run down today but am better tonite. River seems fine. He needs a second dose in 30 days. Reed is still at risk but less so if River and I are protected. I am so glad to have had this done. It opens some doors for getting out and about again. Story time here we come!!!

Reed is changing so much so quickly. He can sorta sit on his own. Can sometimes get himself unstuck from being on his tummy. Today I noticed that while he was on his tummy he was really trying to get his knees under him. He even got on his toes with his butt in the air. He loves to watch the world around him. So much so that it can be hard to get him to take a bottle, he gets so involved in checking things out. He is so cute and it goes so fast. I can't believe it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How are things? Just checking in....