Monday, November 5, 2007

River's Antics

River did the funniest thing this weekend. He told on Daddy to me. He was playing with our hand held vacuum and Brian took it away and put it up. River thru his little tantrum, which he is prone to do. When Brian told him to stop and that he couldn't have the vacuum, he put on his cutest pout and came to me in the kitchen and said vacuum, vacuum. It was really funny. I am trying not to let on, but I think he just might be to smart for both of us. Some new words ... fly, firefly, sunshine and jewel (He and Daddy have named the fish), monster, Santa, weeble, temperature and more.

He has also learned a new "trick" outside. He took his little trike and launched himself down the hill on the side of our house. I saw it coming but could not beat him to it. He thought it was a great adventure. I was imagining broken bones. Luckily the trike took a turn towards the flower bed and not straight down. He was really picking up speed and it could have been bad. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I have been waiting and waiting for River to ask for and give kisses. I got my wish. He says kiss and opens his mouth wide and kinda sticks out and curls under his tongue. It is very wet and a little yucky but I will take what I can get!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kids are great. I love being a mom and it sounds like you do too!!

River sounds like he is just adorable!!

The Brights said...

Hee hee! Love those open mouth, wet kisses. This is what Grayson gives to us also....sometimes we get a closed mouth peck....but mostly the big ones.
I love reading about River's funny stunts....I think you may be in trouble later too :)