Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Libray.....Who Knew?

River has just recently showed an interest in books or an ability to sit still to have one read to him. I began to notice that we have a short supply of really good books to read, so I have been planning a trip to the library. Today was the day. I had no idea picking out books for River would be so fun or exciting! The selection of books seemed almost infinite. The illustrations in kids books are amazing! The subject matter to choose from was impressive. I made sure to get a few books about fall, some good nite books, the standard plane and fireman books, as well as a selection of books centered around nature or animals. We have been to the library many times before but River always seemed to consider this playtime. Today he was able to attempt to play with the other kids while I had all the time I wanted to get him books. He even took some time to look at a few books. I am excited at the thought of all the fun trips we can take to the library and the great times we will have reading new books together.

No comments: