Thursday, March 13, 2008

Various Pictures


This is the first full day after the time change. We had went out for a casual dinner. It was such a nice evening that we decided to take advantage of both the weather and extra daylight and take River to the park. We also thought he would be good and tired and ready for bed so it would not be hard for him to adjust to the new time. When we got to the park all of these "tractors" were parked around. Brian let River "drive" them all. River was so excited he just kept running around saying tractor. We had a great time watching his excitment! Leaving was the hard part.


A day at the Park with friends from our play date. River keeps saying "member dae dae?" I had no idea what he meant until this day he said to me "play date, remember" It finally dawned on me that dae dae was play date and he finally got it out so I could understand. Mystery solved.


The ink pen incident. We now have new locks on our sliders that were installed at the top so River can not reach them. He had figured out how to unlock them and could let himself outside. I went into the bathroom for a minute and he had let himself out, found an old ink pen and scared me into thinking he had cut himself. I had to laugh! Another day he had let himself out on the back deck. Usually there is nothing that can hurt him and he can't fall from it. I needed to do dishes and he was happy outside so I let him be out there. We had recently changed our dogs food. This must not have settled well with one of them because all the sudden I heard River just crying away. I went out side and he had stepped in dog poo ( the runny kind) and he was in his bare feet. He must have slipped on it too because it was on his hands. He was so upset about it, he was crying and saying "clean, I want clean." The worst part for me was that he wanted to be hugged and kept wanting to hold on to me with his dirty hands!! With a quick bath and some comforting he was back to himself in no time.

3 comments:

The Brights said...

Grayson would have had a blast with the tractors....or what he calls all backhoes!

The Brights said...

Oh, I forgot to comment on the dog poo! Yikes! I don't envy you on the clean up of that!!

Lisa said...

Fun fun fun. I realy like the last pic, what is it with kids and pens,markers and paint?? It must be way more fun to color on you instead of the paper!!