Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mid Week Update

River and I are down with a bug. We are not doing to bad though. River has a "new" word. It is elephant. When he says it, it sounds like ah-peat. He is very proud that he knows this word and insists that it is acknowledged. He has also picked up the word broccoli. We have started time out and it is working wonderfully. I just can't believe how well he understands and responds to them. I had tried everything I could think of to show River I am serious when I tell him not to do something. Time outs just do the trick. Hallelujah!!!! We are expecting a big windstorm on Thursday. I am planning on having our power go out. I hope that we don't have any trees come down on our house. We will be spending a lot of time in the safety of our downstairs and River will sleep with us. My sisters birthday and yard projects on the agenda for the weekend. Brian is not feeling that great either so not much going on here now. I will keep everyone posted on the storm. We will see if it is as bad as the "weatherman" says it is going to be.

1 comment:

The Brights said...

It blows me away on how much River talks! Its great!! I will have to get the low down on how to do the time out thing....we may need that soon :)